Location - South East
Contract until June 2014 (with a view of further extension after this)
to start as soon as possible
Excellent opportunity to join this global developer / publisher in this management position.
The Xbox LIVE Programming team is responsible for publishing content for the Xbox LIVE console dashboard. Working with a wide variety of partners, the team develops editorial programming ideas, builds content collections, creates and manages publishing schedules and ensures user experience meets the highest bar for quality, consistency and technical accuracy.
They are seeking a Producer to lead a high-performing multi-disciplined editorial programming team. The successful candidate will oversee content and creative execution of Xbox LIVE Dashboard promotions across EMEA, working hand-in-hand with the Xbox LIVE Business and Marketing teams.
This position requires strong scheduling and project management skills, experience of Games & entertainment localisation, with a good knowledge of the EMEA landscape.
You will possess strong team management experience, be a strong and effective communicator and be able to maintain individual workload whilst managing a team. In addition, you will have deep experience in online publishing or digital entertainment production, and a proven track record of working cross-group, cross-division and cross-region.
You will have a passion for & knowledge of console games coupled with solid experience of developing and evangelizing a vision for engaging content collections.
This hands-on role requires an aptitude to ramp-up fast in using bespoke content management tools, and technical knowledge to drive efficiencies on your team.
Lead a team to develop vibrant and engaging programming that engages new, potential and existing subscribers by promoting relevant content choices which will delight the audience, drive high user engagement, repeat transactions, revenue and market growth.
• Own and oversee the pre-production and planning phases for all merchandising & editorial across the Xbox LIVE Games channels on Xbox 360, across all EMEA markets
• Direct management of the Xbox 360 Games Programming team
• Collaborate with Studios & Live Events team to deliver successful initiatives on Xbox LIVE Dashboard
• Develop intimate knowledge of proprietary content management tool in order to resolve or escalate technical issues for the team
• Identify new ways to resolve customer needs/experience that can be shared with the wider Programming Teams.
• Drive planning with Engineering counterparts to develop tools and training
• Ensure team’s projects meet business objectives and standards for scalability, quality, and customer value
• Partner with Business Intelligence team to evaluate engagement data & KPI to manage/improve ROI across all Games promotions
• Keep technical skill set current and demonstrate proficiency with the technologies & tools required for the Xbox LIVE Programming
• Cultivate a climate of teamwork across the discipline and the business group
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Excellent project and risk management, planning and scheduling acumen
• As this is a hands-on role, experience of working with CMS or online publishing systems is essential
• Excellent people & team management skills.
• Proven record within games, entertainment or online publishing
• Proven history of delivering projects with many deliverables and stakeholders
• Demonstrated deep understanding of production and development life cycles in either online or digital publishing
• Partnering with an internal Design team on high profile promotions/projects
• This role is not a technical position but technical aptitude and experience of working with CMS or online publishing systems is essential
• Knowledge in content management tools with experience of driving efficiency through technical innovation
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Highly motivated professional with an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across a variety of disciplines
• Excellent internal partner relationship skills, including the ability to work with a range of teams with sometimes competing goals to ensure business needs are met, editorial standards are maintained, while maintaining strong collaborative relationships across all teams
• Finely-tuned analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and motivate the team
• Excellent communication, time management and editorial judgement.
• BA/BSc or equivalent
Salary commensurate with experience, to be discussed at interview.
For further details, please send your Word CV for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me via the details below:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |