The UI Technical Artist is responsible for developing, documenting and supporting the game art pipelines and techniques used by the art team. The UI Technical Artist will report directly to the Art Lead and Art manager.
- As the role of a UI Technical Artist is a specialised one, candidates must be able to show technical proficiency in areas such UI wireframe layout, boundary / safe zone constraints and general UI interface implementation.
- Working directly with Art, possibly Tools and Gameplay Programmer Leads, the role requires an ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- At least 3+ years’ experience with extensive knowledge of art packages such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe After Effects. The skill set should include practical application through to customisation so that the applications are as streamlined within the project constraint.
- The ability to work well as part of a team is also important, while training and mentoring responsibilities require good communication skills.
- The ability to provide UI layout and concepts.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Work directly with Art, Tools, Core Technical Art, Gameplay Programming and other departments. The role requires an ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Document and tutor Artists in new UI techniques / methods.
- General commercial and bespoke editor investigations – documenting and tutoring the art team with approved and/or optimal methods.
- Profile game scenes, ensure assets are game ready and implement a guideline / constraints process where required.
- Experience and understanding working with art pipelines on Xbox 360 / PS3
- Previous experience using PIX (alpha blend profiling / batch analysis)
- Ability to write and optimise Shaders
- Knowledge of motion graphics within a Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Knowledge of video bit rates / compression methods and associated processes
- Candidates are required to provide examples of their best work demonstrating technical skills with their initial application.
Contract Duration: Fixed Term -12 months
Closing date: 31 March 2014.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + Relocation + Bonus.
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.