This is an excellent opportunity to join the award winning Total War development team as a UI programmer.
You will be an essential part of the team and will work on developing our in-house UI framework built using C++, and leveraging it to implement the UI for Total War. You will be working closely with developers including artists and designers across the project. At Creative Assembly, we are passionate about playing and making games so will come with a good knowledge of the games industry in general.
As a core member of the UI team, you will be providing programming support within on the Total War project and will be applying your C++ skills on a daily basis. You will be expected to develop production code as well as optimising and bug fixing existing UI systems. In this role, you will be using industry standard tools for development of the game and source control. You will also be designing, implementing and iterating on new UI systems working alongside designers and artists on the project.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- An excellent academic background in computer science, maths or engineering
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with UI development
- Experience with source control
- A passion for Real Time Strategy titles and in particular the Total War series
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.