My client is one of the UK?s leading games studios and have a reputation for creating AAA titles that are not only visually stunning, but also innovative.
They are now looking for a UI Programmer to join their team.
My client is looking for a self-driven and motivated software engineer to join the user interface team which is working on a number of AAA titles for next generation hardware. As part of this team you will be responsible for developing all aspects of the games user interface, menus and in game HUD elements The role requires an individual who takes pride in the final presentation of their work and someone who understands the importance of communicating the right information in an accessible way. Working closely with the gamecode and design teams you will help define the way features are presented to the players and constantly strive for the highest visual quality across all areas of the game.
● Develop, maintain and support the logic and flow for all GUI features.
● Prototype and iterate on new features working closely with the design team.
● Always strive to improve the usability and architecture of the UI code and systems.
● Report to: Lead UI Programmer and Technical Director.
Requirements of the Job:
● Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
● A strong academic background which includes a degree in a science or relevant subject.
● Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
● A desire to create high quality user interfaces and feedback systems.
● The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code requirements.
● The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
● A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
● Good written and verbal English skills.
● Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and ability to work without much supervision.
● Experience with LUA, ActionScript & Flash.
● Experience of console development and the certification process.
● Previous experience of shipping a title as a UI programmer.
● A genuine interest in playing games.
If you meet the criteria as outlined above and would like to receive further information, please contact Danny Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org