The role of Development Manager is to work alongside and assist the Game Director to manage the development of a game project from pre-production to release.
The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day and week to week process of managing a cross discipline game team. The Development Manager will be able to provide support to keep the project moving forward, and the team positive, informed and focused whilst keeping momentum. The role will also require working with the project leads to generate the project schedule, identify dependencies, solve problems and prioritise work.
It will also require the development and fostering of positive relationships and cohesion within the team and other relevant third parties, including internal relationships with SEGA.
- Drive project planning for the team. Facilitate the planning and estimation process across the team to generate fully scoped plans for upcoming phases of the project.
- Drive, maintain and update the development schedule.
- Manage and motivate the development team, ensuring that milestones are adhered to, tech and decision pipelines remain unblocked and if changes to dates are incurred, all relevant parties are notified and the schedule adapted accordingly.
- Communicate progress on current and upcoming milestones, providing detailed analysis on team performance, risks and areas for improvement.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Very strong organisational skills. Driven and self-motivated.
- Experience delivering games in an Agile development environment while working to strict timelines.
- Able to identify, assess risks and strategize to mitigate them.
- Experience of the full project life cycle on two or more game projects, or equivalent experience.
- A good understanding of scheduling, planning, tracking and resource allocation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You will be aware of potential and current issues and formulate pragmatic plans to solve them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Bulgarian.
- Always looking for ways to improve our process, team or project.
- Enthusiastic, with a genuine passion for games.
- A team thinker - able to work within a team and to actively work to make the team perform cohesively.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Office applications especially Excel, project management scheduling tools e.g. Jira, Hansoft and bug management software, e.g. Devsuite.
- Previous experience working with one or more of:
- External partners
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise.
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in and located in West Sussex, UK, and in Sofia, Bulgaria.