We are looking for an experienced tools or generalist programmer to join our tools team.
The successful applicant will join us in developing our game database engine and editor, and our data processing tool. These tools are used by over 50 users every month while making multiple Total War games at any time. These tools are developed in C++ with Qt so you will also have to have strong C++ skills.
- Understand how users use your tools and where they would benefit the most from improvements
- Take part of the planning process and with the Lead Programmer or the Project Manager, define realistic deadlines and deliverables and adhere to them
- Design and implement changes in your tools
- Write clean, well-commented and re-useable code
- Help users to learn and use your tools
- Help mentor less experienced programmers
- Communicate early any obstacles that may arise and provide alternative solutions
- Adhere to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development process
- A good BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject such as maths, computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use
- Experience in developing on Windows with Visual Studio
- Qt experience
- Knowledge of general characteristics of relational databases
- Experience with using Perforce via command line
And we are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.