Location – South East
Job Type – Contract
Format – Console
Salary – Great Day Rates DOE
Build and Tools Engineer.
A well know UK developer is seeking a highly talented all-round Build & Tools engineer to work on a great IP. Demonstrating a passion for high quality work in an agile environment, the ideal candidate looks at the way people around them are working and wants to help them work more effectively; they find how systems work now, and “fix” them so they work better; they stop people doing things by hand and give them tools that do things automatically.
The role will have a strong focus on further developing the build and deployment pipeline, working directly within the code base of the game to help debug build failures, as well as providing tools for general developer productivity, content creation and manipulation, game performance monitoring and profiling and game automation for testing.
Development of tools in the areas of,
- Build production and deployment systems,
- Task automation,
- Developer productivity,
- Game performance monitoring and visualization,
- Source and data revision control systems,
- Other areas as needed.
- Work with designers, content creators and engineers to identify and deliver efficient developer workflows.
- Work closely with tool users to gather and define requirements.
- Create and maintain lightweight technical and user documentation where necessary.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical users and stake-holders.
- Debug and maintain both existing and new tools and systems.
- Developers are able to iterative effectively in their day to day work.
- Developer productivity is improved and maintained at a high level.
- The team can track the quality and performance of the game client and server and react to problems quickly.
- Blocking issues and bugs are fixed promptly and correctly.
- Existing tools and middleware solutions are identified, used where appropriate and modified when needed.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a build system/tools development role on a AAA project
- Proven experience of working with users to define and refine tools requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work with existing codebases and middleware tools frameworks
- Ability to work in an agile environment and team
- Unreal Engine 4 and/or 3
- Asset and code building, deployment, packaging and patching systems.
- Profiling and performance monitoring data collection and visualisation.
- Content creation and organization tools.
- Virtual machine infrastructure and management.
- Developer productivity tools (e.g. revision control systems, branch management tools, continuous integration systems, automated testing).
- Extensive experience of C++.
- Some knowledge of SQL and DB systems a plus.
- Experience of GUI toolkits such as Qt.
- Knowledge of cloud systems, including MS Azure.
- Strong debugging skills
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work in multi-discipline teams
- Proven ability to work effectively with content creators and engineers to improve workflows
To apply please forward over your CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420