Job Title –Program Manager, Sport
Job Location – London
Job Type – Contract until June 2014 (with a view of further extension after this)
Job Salary – negotiable dependent on experience
Excellent opportunity to join this global developer / publisher in this lynch-pin position.
As part of a high-achieving, fast-paced studio, you will be managing a project on the cutting edge of “Entertainment as a Service”. As a Program Manager your primary responsibility will be to write the functional specifications and to manage the project development lifecycle for the Sports projects in the studio.
The studio is pushing the boundaries to bring new channels of gaming entertainment, sports, live events, and premium originals to the world. Working with leading global entertainment partners, the studio is creating experiences that are not bound by the traditional definitions of television or gaming. Experiences where watching and participating are inseparable that will delight and enrich the lives of families everywhere.
As a Program Manager you will:
• Drive delivery of multiple products across multiple devices by defining and specifying the functional requirements and running standardised project management processes
• Identify, track and manage cross team and project dependencies
• Facilitate communication between internal and external teams to help ensure alignment across the development lifecycle for each project
• Assess and track risks for projects, proactively developing strategies for addressing these
• Define project milestones and success criteria, establishing and enforcing milestone approval process
• Drive team effort effectively within a highly creative environment filled with strong personalities, ambitious goals and moving targets
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to define project scope, goals and deliverables. Track and manage these deliverables.
• Regularly brief and present project status, risks and mitigations plans to senior studio and executive level teams
• Ensure projects are built with long term production and sustainability in mind
A successful Program Manager will:
• Contribute to deliver the Sports projects on-time and with quality
• Be the source of truth about the functionalities of the products
• Be the main point of contact for the external teams
• Provide accurate project status and risk assessment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Expert in defining product functionalities and features requirements
• Strong, current knowledge of production methodologies and principles, including running online services
• Experience implementing a client-service based application
• Highly experienced, having successfully delivered multiple complex development projects with high customer expectations and demanding partners
• Strong understanding of project management software tools for tracking, scheduling and reporting
• Experience of developing, communicating and executing technical roadmaps
• Ability to break down complex problems into simple concepts and prioritize work to minimize risk
• Strong technical background (i.e coding skills) and familiarity with software development on console platforms
• Understanding of the issues and factors involved in developing, deploying and running robust, large scale services
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Highly enthusiastic with a positive and team-oriented attitude
• Able to communicate effectively with varied personality types
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Passion for online entertainment
• Relentless drive for results
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Must be proficient in English.
Salary commensurate with experience, to be discussed at interview.
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your details / Word CV for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |