Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world. The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Create and implement complex technical system design elements into the game while acting as a technical reference for team members on the project.
- Assist with the prototyping and production of the technical elements of a game feature;
- Constantly assess designs, game features and pipelines, identify risks and look for systemic improvements;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team;
- Help the Level Design team to maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical budget restraints;
- Contribute to data optimisation and validation by ensuring that Level Designers comply with the technical standards;
- Ensure gameplay ingredients and playspaces conform to game Metrics;
- Act as a technical reference for the team in relation to level design;
- Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
- Debug and implement reliable solutions to issues until production has ended;
- Conduct training sessions for all level designers on the tools and methods used on the project and contribute to training materials;
- Carry out ad hoc production tasks with the level design team and provide constant technical support on the tools and engines for every member of the team;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas;
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language;
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity;
- Structure, attention to detail, efficiency;
- User focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in game- or level-design, technical discipline or other relevant experience;
- Relevant working experience in level design or other relevant experience;
- Has shipped at least 1 game within level design, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unreal, CryEngine etc.);
- Experience and training in programming is an asset.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 22nd September 2017
Closing date for applications: 21st October 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.