Creative Assembly is currently searching for an experienced technical lead to take our team to the next level on design, technology and architecture decisions for the Live Services element for our award winning Total War franchise.
Working in a creative technical environment, we are looking for a developer with a solid knowledge and expertise with SaaS, PaaS and private data centres.
Teamwork and a proactive, professional attitude is key in this role. The successful candidate will be required to create technical architectures in line with the Total War Live Services vision and roadmap, scope associated projects with stakeholders and lead a multi-disciplinary software development team to deliver them.
We are looking for dependable developers who have a high attention to detail and enjoy working in a technically challenging and ever evolving environment.
The ideal applicant will have excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
You will drive the technical vision and direction of the Total War Services platform, accountable for technical quality and responsible for the overall systems architecture. You will be able to work well in a collaborative, team based environment.
You’ll be responsible for the architecture, development, deployment and evolution of the online platform micro-services including account management, e-commerce, community engagement, web services functionality and interactions with the studio’s games. You will be proactive and hands on in identifying and resolving technical issues as they arise.
Developing your team of direct and cross-departmental engineers; you will be the ultimate, accountable party for ensuring a highly-functioning software development team. You will also lead beyond the project teams, contributing to the overall growth of the entire technology organization for mutual benefit.
You will communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders on risks, roadmaps and strategy, and support the Total War Live Services Project Lead to build and optimise service strategies that accelerate the growth of all Total War games.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working in multiple environments as a senior engineer or architect, designing, developing, and operating online services in dedicated and cloud hosted environments
- Extensive experiencing developing and operating systems in AWS and/or Azure
- In-depth understanding of browser, CDN, caching, backend services and deployment technologies
- Understanding of RDBMS and big data
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs, messaging systems, application security, and service-oriented and micro-service architectures
- Demonstrated ability to own and manage multiple technical projects with changing priorities in an agile environment
- Passion for learning new technologies and trends, understanding of developments in the wider SaaS industry and the ability to choose appropriately between time-tested and emerging technologies
- Experienced mentor, guiding multiple technical disciplines to improve standards
- Fluency in English is required
- PMI or Prince 2 Certification
- Passion for video games, preferably online games and/or strategy titles and familiarity with the Total War franchise
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.