Blazing Griffin is a game development studio based in Edinburgh, Scotland. We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Director to manage the technical direction for all our small-to-medium-sized mobile and PC projects. The successful candidate will be a creative individual with an enthusiasm for developing games across multiple genres.
As Technical Director of a small team - or several small teams - you will define the technical direction of the studio’s six-month to year-long projects. You’ll be the type of person who loves multitasking rather than performing within a single, strictly-defined role, and you’ll need to be flexible about tasks and responsibilities. This permanent, full time position will be at our Edinburgh office.
- Leading and motivating the Code Team to realise goals and deliver successful projects on time and to budget
- Creating and clearly communicating the technical direction for each project to the rest of the team, maintaining that direction to the end of each project
- Empowering the development team by incorporating their skills and ideas, along with regular critiques and mentoring
- Using your experience to promote and reinforce a healthy culture within the development department, while helping individuals grow in their roles and progress as developers
- Work with other team members to collaboratively design games that meet team, project, and business goals. You will assist the Producer in the creation and overall management of the development team’s schedule and resource plans
- Solving complex technical problems that occur within the game’s production
- Previous experience as a Technical Director (or Lead Developer with significant management experience) on 2-3 large-scale PC or console shipped titles
- Experience developing across multiple platforms including console, PC, and mobile
- Experience with one or more industry-standard engines such as Unity, Unreal, or CryEngine
- Experience architecting large scale code projects
- In-depth knowledge of popular game development programming languages (C++, C#)
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of all areas of game programming - gameplay, AI, audio, animation, networking, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, data structures, and math
- Excellent problem solving skills