We are looking for an experienced Technical Director to support and enhance our Game Development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
- Define the technical requirements, technical strategy/roadmap and help drive its execution.
- Ensure the game is built to industry best practices & methodology inline with long term quality expectations.
- Establish technical quality level of the product – eg. TCRs, optimization, code quality, scalability of features and service.
- Define workflow for Programmers (IDE and branching).
- Build and track goals and high level strategies with the leads.
- Produce and maintain technical risk and mitigation plans / help manage risk across dev-teams.
- Identify internal and external dependencies and plan the needed support.
- Support team with day to day coordination, code quality and help solve issues that hinder production.
- Aid in setting up financial roadmaps and estimations of production costs.
- Liaise with other technology teams on a technical, engine, and know-how sharing level.
- Consistently mentor and coach team members and demonstrate leadership, commitment and professionalism.
- Constantly driven to keep up with latest technology trends.
- Be actively involved in the recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Communicate well at all levels, from executive management to interns, in all situations.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the games industry, with at least 3 years in a Lead Engineer capacity.
- Experience working on an online game and solid understanding of online game backend development.
- At least one AAA title shipped from beginning to end as a technical Lead. (please list title).
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a game development environment.
- Solid understanding of online game backend development.
- Excellent understanding of the complete tool pipeline and asset creation.
- Experience with PC and next-gen consoles.
- Experience working with Agile processes.
- Organized approach to problem solving and time-management.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with multiple game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Working experience with C#, Python, MySQL, LINUX.
- Experience working with high load high availability services spanning multiple physical boxes.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.