To work in-house at our Sofia studio located in Bulgaria, we are looking for an exceptional Technical artist to join our talented and motivated team working on exciting new historical projects in the Total War universe.
You'll become part of a world class development team working on a title in the award winning Total War series. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the title leading up to release.
As a technical artist at the studio, you will be responsible for developing scripted tools to expedite artist workflows; the creation of advanced character rigs that give the animators the ability to animate the character in a user-friendly way. You will also liaise with Art Leads and Programming team to develop new asset pipelines. You will need to be familiar with scripting tools for 3ds Max and Maya and be responsible for exporting assets to the game engine. You will be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems as and when they arise.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- An excellent communicator in both Bulgarian and English.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment, and the ability to clearly communicate goals
- At least 3 shipped titles in video game development using Maya or 3ds Max
- Experience creating character rigs in Maya
- Understanding of art/animation game pipelines.
- Understanding of character setup, including rigging and skinning
- You must be able to listen to and be open to feedback, integrating that into your work
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
- Good Photoshop knowledge
- Experience with Motionbuilder
- Experience with physics simulation
- Passion for games
We are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.