Crytek is looking for a creatively minded Technical Artist - Environment to work on a premier game at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate must communicate well with programmers and artists to develop cutting edge technology and content for games.
Candidate must be proficient in a diverse set of software including Photoshop, 3ds Max / Maya (or equivalent), etc. Experience with real-time effects for video games is a necessity.
*Sample pictures and portfolio link, which shows sample work are required*
- Work closely with Art Team and R&D to define and improve asset creation pipeline and processes.
- Create and maintain scripts, tools and plugins for 3dsmax, Photoshop, etc. to aid 3d-Artists.
- Solve technical issues related to 3d-Art-Production – especially real-time environment art.
- Prototype new workflows from DCC app to engine and make them production-ready together with 3d-Artists.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems.
- Create and optimize content for memory and performance gains.
- Demonstrates, communicates and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the environment-art for all aspects of the project.
- 2+ years of professional video-games production experience.
- Solid knowledge of 3dsmax and Photoshop.
- C#/C++ experience.
- Recent experience with 3d-modeling, texturing and real-time rendering.
- Shader development/HLSL experience.
- At least one full development cycles on console.
- Experience with any game engine, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of texture creation process in Photoshop.
- Works well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Knowledge of Maya.
- Multiple shipped AAA console titles.
- Procedural content creation experience.
- Allegorithmic software experience.
- Solid scripting experience with MAXScript and Python (+PySide).
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support...and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Shanghai (China), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, and The Climb. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.