We are looking for an experienced and passionate System Designer who can communicate well between programmers and artists to design and implement complex, cutting edge Player and/or AI system for games.
- Design and implement complex Player and or AI systems using visual scripting.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems, using CRYENGINE.
- Take ownership of assigned features from concept to ship product.
- Iterate on system functionality based on feedback.
- Contribute creative design ideas across the whole project.
- Balance and adjust systems to create fun game play.
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Contribute tool and workflow improvement ideas.
- Work closely with QA to debug systems.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in the game industry, with experience in a System Design capacity.
- Solid technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Experience using visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Working knowledge of game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of game design and theory.
- Experience in creating player and AI systems.
- Previous experience in creating design documentation.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Programming experience.
- C++ knowledge.
- Previous work with Behavior Trees.
- Multiplayer design and balancing experience.
- Experience in creating core mechanics for player and AI systems.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.