6 Month Contract, to be extended for the right candidate
This company is set on revolutionizing entertainment with a broad portfolio of engaging products with a highly active and engaged customer base. OPM are proud to be working with them.
Their set of services is optimized around social, casual and hard-core gaming and modern entertainment experiences. We are now seeking an audio specialist, to translate the design vision and implement into specific audio systems and content, which conform to technical limitations where pertinent.
The successful candidate will oversee implementation of systems and content into the product and be accountable to the wider game and audio direction. You will need a high level of initiative, passion, resilience and good organization skills to assist with product vision.
Candidates MUST have a proven track record in videogame audio having experience of at least one full game development lifecycle on a AAA product.
• Creating audio assets that express the emotional gestalt of a scene through the relations and connections of the various audio, visual, and gameplay elements
• Apply in-depth knowledge of the spectrum of viable sound design techniques to develop prototypes for a game area or section, which result in highly believable and immersive effects for key game areas
• Implement music cues, which result in assets that function technically and musically well within the game
• Oversee the entire voiceover (VO) production pipeline for a game, including production strategy, script management, casting, recording, editing, and implementation, which result in high-quality game VO that will be completed within the game's budget and schedule
• Work with the audio, design, and art directors to translate overall concept audio into prototypes for specific classes of audio assets, which result in clear communication of aural style to the audio production team
• Apply in-depth knowledge of audio asset preparation, implementation, and in-game mixing to improve the production pipeline and to produce run-time audio that maximises audio quality while functioning within the processor/memory budget
• Assess the audio asset requirements of a game and map a strategy for acquiring and cataloguing the needed source, which will result in an organized and appropriate set of audio assets
• Expertise of audio asset preparation and in-game mixing to improve the production pipeline
• Expertise in audio asset creation software, Pro-Tools, Soundforge, Sony Vegas etc. As well as Wwise and Perforce
• Initiative to produce run-time audio that maximizes audio quality while functioning within the processor/memory budget
• Initiative in partnering with Test to develop a test plan and establish bug-triage criteria for an entire game area
• Experience of at least one full game development lifecycle across a high-end platform
• Ability to clearly define and communicate parameters for the iterative process to the game design team
• Can work in a team environment, and ability to work with varied personalities
• Proactive nature
• Product / customer focus in decision making
To apply please send a copy of your CV in to email@example.com
Natalie Whiting |
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214415 |
Email: Natalie@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.