Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent Online Games Studio, is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Software Tester to join our quality assurance team.
You will be working within our Service Platform QA department, testing new features and updates to both our websites and backend systems, providing feedback and bug reports to the development teams and product owners. Working closely with others in your SCRUM team you will ensure that issues are detected and rectified in a timely manner and our products are of the highest possible quality prior to release.
Key Duties Include:
- Writing, executing and maintaining test plans to ensure updates are stable and free of bugs.
- Providing detailed written bug reports to the development teams.
- Implementing automated regression tests in Selenium WebDriver.
- Actively participating in SCRUM team activities and making recommendations towards improving overall product quality.
- Proactively identify, chase and assist in the resolution of critical issues.
- Carrying out testing tasks diligently and efficiently, regularly reporting status of any impediments to the QA Lead and SCRUM Master.
- Working with Product Owners to ensure requirements are complete and unambiguous.
- Experience within a Technical QA role or similar technical discipline working with web based systems.
- Understanding of unit, functional, compatibility, performance, security and regression testing.
- Excellent defect investigation, analysis and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of software testing lifecycle and understanding of agile test strategies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, determination and team working.
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming (Java).
- Experience working with Selenium WebDriver.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation.