We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineer to lead and support our CRYENGINE Platforms team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
- Contribute to CRYENGINE’s mobile devices and game consoles domain development.
- Take ownership for Android or iOS platform development and support.
- Ensure the reliability of platforms support.
- Act as mentor.
- Contribute to the development of user interface applications related to the platform support.
- Gather and verify requirements across multiple projects for the platforms domain.
- Actively promote open and effective communication between internal teams, external partners and any other interested stakeholders.
- Act as a role model to all staff and always in the best interests of the company.
- Undertake technical training/teaching of the team.
- Improve platforms support in CRYENGINE for use in both internal and external projects.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing purposes.
- Contribute to Developer and end-user documentation.
- Provide support and training to internal and external Developers when required.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience within the games industry or an equivalent.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Previously held a Senior or an equivalent position and highly experienced in working with Android NDK/iOS.
- Have been involved in the development of at least one mobile game.
- Excellent knowledge of C++.
- Excellent understanding of:
- Mobile architecture
- Performance measurement and optimization
- Experience with any game engine, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Previous experience in working with Linux or Mac.
- Experience with programming for game consoles and online distribution platforms (Steam/PS/XBox).
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.