We are searching for a Senior Server Programmer to work on online-game backend technology in Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Senior Server Programmer will develop and enhance online-backend systems used across Crytek games. Ideal candidate has experience with functional requirements of online-services from perspective of real-time/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters, network traffic analysis etc. The position involves working with cross-disciplinary groups, including interaction with game design and programming teams.
- Develop and support of reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Act as mentor.
- Create accurate task duration estimate and completes all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Use good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Defined prior to the commencement of these duties. Safeguard the company's assets including source code, art work, tools, and technical know-how.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Create documentation where required.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- At least 7 years of professional work experience as Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Excellent understanding of either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Programming & trouble-shooting experience in Linux-like environments.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Experience with network programming.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP or other concurrent programming model. // - e.g.: C# tasks, go routines, Erlang.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
- Management and leadership skills.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.