Senior QA Manager - CONFIDENTIAL
North – UK
My client, based in the North of the UK, are seeking an experienced Senior QA Manager to take responsibility for the effective management of the QA Department, co-ordinating a team of Testers and establishing testing plans & processes across multiple platform projects including console, online and mobile. This is a challenging role which requires a confident & conscientious individual, capable of liaising with Senior Management across all disciplines, co-ordinating schedules to ensure that milestones and updates are achieved. It is essential that candidates have previous experience motivating and managing a team, with a particular focus on developing and mentoring staff new to the games industry.
• Planning and creation of detailed test plans, allowing effective evaluation and sign off of multiple products across multiple formats.
• Determination of resource levels to support current and future QA requirements, including management of out-sourcing partners.
• Comprehensive evaluation of milestone & update deliveries via a detailed test plan.
• Manage the creation of comprehensive test plans and schedules that are constantly updated throughout the development process
• Quality and functionality evaluation of pre-release, public beta release, and pre-tech versions of software.
• Responsible for quality in the detail of bug descriptions of any defects or design issues found during testing.
• Devise and execute solutions for any development related QA needs or problems, reproducing issues, delivering new builds and testing changes in a rapidly iterative environment.
• Identify and communicate issues pertaining to schedule, raising concern with Development Director when necessary.
• Management of external and offsite testing groups, when needed.
• Developing QA team members through effective staff personal development reviews and dealing effectively with disciplinary issues.
• Management experience is essential ideally with have hands-on network configuration experience and the ability to utilize basic networking principles.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills with previous experience managing a team of at least 10 staff.
• Previous experience planning for and scheduling test coverage within the games industry.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to liaise effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Passionate about quality and the importance of QA within the development process.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, responsible and versatile.
• A passion for gaming and expertise in game playing in various genres, both online and offline is essential.
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Paige Hornabrook | QA & Localization Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214417 |
Email: Paige@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.