Location – North UK
Job Type – Permanent or Contract
Format – Cross Platform
Salary – DOE including Benefits Package.
SENIOR PHYSICS PROGRAMMER
Since their inception in 2003, my client have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney and many more.
They are now looking for Physics Programmer at a ‘Senior’ level to join their talented team.
The Senior Physics Programmer’s primary responsibility is to design and implement complex engine components. They must also exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of understanding towards game technology production and an adaptability to meet the needs of multiple projects utilizing common technology.
- Development of technical design specification, implementation and test plans
- Testing, debugging and revision of new or legacy engine systems
- Profiling, performance-analysis, performance tuning
- Researching state of the art techniques and contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Working with Technology Programmers, Development Directors, QA Testers and game project production staff
- Support other programmers on team
- Providing mentorship to Technology Programmers
- Meet production schedules and deadlines
Essential Skills and Expertise:
- Proficiency in C/C++,
- Proven paid experience working in the game industry required
- Must have experience in console programming
- Excellent debugging and communication skills
- Practical experience with 3D maths
- Worked on at least 2 shipped games
- Demonstrable programming experience with emphasis on physics and/or vehicle simulation
- Experience writing simulation code for components such as collisions, contact force calculation, fluid-dynamics, etc.
- Exposure to GJK, Featherstone, continuous physics, union-find, sweep and prune and other game physics algorithms
- Experience with commercial game physics packages
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming
Demonstrated Ability To:
- Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- High personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
- To take direction and criticism
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Mentor less experienced programmers
In return, the studio offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits. The environment itself is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having ownership and a realisable input into the games created.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420