Candidates will be skilled and passionate developers, with a creative mind-set and a burning enthusiasm for making great games.
- Collaborate with game team to define and produce online components and features i.e. multiplayer/shop/social features
- Collaborate with the engineering team developing the backend server infrastructure.
- Take ownership of your project area, define issues clearly and provide solutions to meet game feature requirements and development goals
- Design and implement server-side (PHP/MySQL/Linux) and client-side components (C++)
- Ensure online components are reliable, scalable and cheat-proof
- Solve networking problems reported by the community.
- Coordinate with the Lead Programmer and central tech group on common technical frameworks for integration or further development
- Support other game-side work and contribute to the game vision
- Maintain a balance between long-term engineering goals and those driven by production realities and delivery constraints
- Contribute to the technical evaluation and planning of projects through development and into the live service phase post launch, balancing high-level aims against practical development and game service demands.
- Proven professional experience in online gaming or other relevant online industry
- Experience of current generation mobile gaming platforms and related network technologies
- Familiar with Design Patterns.
- Strong in code design, network and backend architecture.
- Experience of writing performance PHP/MySQL components for a massive user base.
- Expertise to optimize bandwidth usage in gameplay code.
- Leadership experience (technical and organisational)
- Open minded low-drama attitude.
- Creative mindset and forward thinking approach to solving problems, able to arrive at unconventional solutions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or extensive network programming history across multiple platforms is required.