We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Network Programmer to support the HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
- Improve, develop and take ownership for low level networking system.
- Responsible for profiling and optimizing existing systems.
- Improve, maintain and extend existing components of code base.
- Take active part in design, development and documentation of new features. Contributing to development goals as part of a passionate team.
- Mentor Junior Programmers.
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to achieve great multiplayer experiences in the game.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 5+ years of professional experience as Network Programmer.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++ and strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with TCP & UDP network protocols, familiar with NAT traversal, packet routing, OSI model.
- Past experience on network-related features for a shipped multiplayer title.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.