We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Programmer to develop and maintain CRYENGINE Networking Systems at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
- Take ownership, develop and maintain CRYENGINE Networking Systems.
- Improve and optimize existing components of the code base.
- Work with the game project teams to assist in multiplayer technology integration into Crytek in-house games.
- Gather and verify requirements across multiple projects for the Network domain.
- Maintain cross-platform solutions to support third-party online services (Steam, PSN, Xbox Live).
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to achieve great multiplayer experiences in the games.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing purposes.
- Undertake technical training/teaching of the team.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Contribute to Developer and End-user documentation.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience within the games industry or an equivalent.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Previously held a Senior or an equivalent position while working on Network technology.
- Deep understanding with at least one of the following: Socket networking (TCP, UDP protocols), P2P or Client-Server architectures, synchronization or network security.
- Have been a feature owner of Network systems in a shipped game title.
- Excellent knowledge of C++.
- Excellent understanding of:
- Object-oriented software engineering
- Multithreaded software architecture
- Performance measurement and optimization
- Experience with any game engine, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Experience with large code bases.
- A team player and be self-driven.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with Steam, PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Management and leadership skills.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.