Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 230 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham has recently opened with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
2016 will be Sumo’s biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
Due to expansion we are looking to recruit a Senior IT Technician at our busy Sheffield studio.
Reporting to the IT Director, responsibilities will include the maintenance of the company servers, improvement of the group network infrastructure and assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of over 350 workstations. This role offers excellent potential for further training and the opportunity to work in a highly creative and fast-paced videogame development studio. The role will involve out of hours support when required.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Servers and Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA, MCTS, MCITP) is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Full exposure to VMware
- Linux operating systems specifically Redhat/CentOs
- Working competency of Veeam and Backup Solutions such as Backup exec
- An understanding of Lync/Skype for Business
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager
- A good understanding and working competency of SharePoint 2013
- Good knowledge and a solid understanding of Apple Mac
- Good communication skills and the ability to quickly deal with SLA’s
- Customer problems and queries in a Windows and Apple Mac mixed environment
- Knowledge of Backup Solutions such as Backup exec
- Ability to provide Microsoft Office and printer support
- Working knowledge of centralized anti-virus servers such as McAfee, Forefront, TMG etc.
- Full driving licence is essential
- Any knowledge of Alienbrain, Perforce, SVN and other Asset management software
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS, Confluence, Teamcity and any other bug tracking software
- An understanding and basic use of SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- CCNA Certification would be beneficial
- Configuration of Routers, Switches, Network-Layout and Topology
- Excellent Knowledge of VPNs and remote access, WAN links, MPLS
- Any experience of dev kits or development tools for the PlayStation, Xbox or Wii platforms would be extremely beneficial.
- Autodesk and Adobe products (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya and Illustrator)
- Other certifications such as ITIL are also welcomed
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendry annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply at http://www.sumo-digital.com
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruiter Rebecca Askham on +44 (0)114 2426766 or email email@example.com