The Senior Game Designer plays a crucial role in defining key game systems with respect to the creative direction and assists the Lead Game Designer in maintaining the highest standard of quality within the Project Team. This particular role is focused on online, multiplayer and social features and requires expert knowledge in these areas.
- Has expert knowledge of a wide range of multiplayer games on multiple platforms and understands the core design concepts which underpin them.
- Has in-depth knowledge of online features on latest generation consoles.
- Has expert knowledge of mainstream social media platforms and the methods of cross-pollination between games and social media.
- Has expert knowledge of current design methodologies regarding player Acquisition, Engagement, Retention and Monetisation.
- Has a strong understanding of 3Cs, Usability and UI design best practices and can incorporate this knowledge into their own designs.
- Can break down and analyse existing game systems, proposing improvements to them or creating replacement systems based on best practices.
- Is aware of market trends, technology advancements and general progression within the industry and applies that knowledge to improve quality within the project, the team and the studio.
- Has a comprehensive working knowledge of applications related to documentation; e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wiki.
- Innovates on design solutions to minimise or overcome technical constraints. Helps define or improve the production pipeline.
- A minimun of 8 years of experience.
- Play a key role in the development of game systems in association with the Creative Director and the Lead Game Designer.
- Design, balance, and assist with implementation of major game systems.
- Combine innovation with a strong knowledge of existing industry standards to create game systems which will provide the best experience for players.
- Be able to take ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation.
- Produce clear, effective design documentation according to Project standards and be able to contribute to improving documentation standards and best practices.
- Manage change effectively, ensuring that all members of the Project Team are kept aware of game design changes when they occur.
- Monitor implementation of game systems and work closely with QA to ensure that systems remain consistent with the current design.
- Manage the player journey from single player to co-operative/player versus player, designing game systems which make the transition between these states as frictionless as possible.
- Design and manage systems which interface between the game and mainstream social media platforms, to facilitate and encourage social interaction for the benefit of the player, the game, the community and the Studio.
- Design and manage key aspects of the multiplayer experience including grouping, matchmaking and player to player interactions.
- Provide support, objective feedback and mentoring for the team.
- Take part in knowledge sharing and promotion of best practices in game design at Design Team, Project Team and Studio level.
- Take a primary role in raising the overall knowledge level in the Design Team, Project Team and Studio regarding online, multiplayer and social features.
Contract Duration: Permanent
Closing Date: 31st March 2014
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + Relocation + Bonus.
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.