Location – Guildford
Job Type – Contract
Platform – Console and PC
Salary – Great rates available DOE
Senior Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer
Are you a highly talented individual who enjoys a challenge and is brimming with drive and enthusiasm? Do you feel your skills and talents are waiting to find the right creative environment in which to thrive?
My client strives to create successful, landmark games and to be one of the world’s most respected developers. To that end they are continually looking for bright, talented individuals to join our team. They are well aware that new employees and fresh ideas keep them the dynamic and creative Studio that they are well known for.
- Develop required gameplay features within an agile team.
- Work with other programmers to ensure requirements for AI, Networking, Animation and Audio are taken into consideration.
- Work with the QA department to ensure all features are testable and automatable.
- Writing automated tests for game features.
- Work with designers to clarify feature requirements and implement them to a high quality.
- Work with tools and pipeline teams to ensure that all data required for a feature is accessible and modifiable by design.
- Ensure that required telemetry and analytics data is collected for feedback to design teams.
- Features are signed off by all stakeholders at the end of each development sprint.
- Features are delivered on time and within performance and memory budgets.
- Features work seamlessly in a multiplayer environment.
- Features have test criteria and suitable unit/automated tests.
- Analytics data is available for design to react to.
- Previous experience working on multiple AAA projects in a gameplay role
- Demonstrated ability to work with existing codebases and middleware solutions
- Previous experience of multiplayer network game programming.
- Knowledge of unit testing and automated system testing.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 or 4 highly desirable.
- Ability to work in agile environments and teams
- Management of small programming teams (2-4 people)
- Advanced understanding in C/C++ (6+ years proven industry experience).
- Strong 3D Maths
- Deep understanding of Game Networking , Animation, AI and Audio.
- Deep understanding and experience of producing data-driven systems.
- Deep understanding of multiplayer gameplay features
- Broad understanding of game systems analytics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-discipline teams
- Proven ability to work effectively with designers to match their vision.
To apply please forward over your CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420