Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a Senior Environment Artist to join a top-tier satellite team based in Stockholm, to work on an unannounced AAA title being developed in New York City.
As this is a new team we are staffing up we are looking for motivated and driven Senior Environment Artists that are excited about crafting cutting edge AAA game environments. The team has a local producer based in the Stockholm studio, and collaborates daily with the art team in New York.
As a Senior Environment Artist at Avalanche Studios you will collaborate in a small, interdisciplinary team to create art for our world and all of its components. We expect you to take your assets all the way from conceptual mockups through modeling and texturing to final placement in the environment. You will also be responsible for the final functionality of your assets, such as setup of destruction and environment animations.
In addition we expect you to mentor junior artists, work with other disciplines to improve our pipelines and work with production to ensure our project goals are met.
- Experience from working on an open world game or equal
- At least 5 years experience from working in AAA game development
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills using Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with physically-based rendering
- A great sense of technical excellence, functionality and problem-solving
- A strong reel with clearly-documented artistic accomplishments
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Passion for playing and making games
- At least one open-world game shipped
- Experience with Zbrush
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer or Painter.
- Experience with Quixel Suite
- Experience with photogrammetric asset creation workflows
- Ability to communicate and realize an artistic vision
- Some understanding of level design and game mechanics
We can offer you a varied job where you work closely with a fun and experienced team with extremely competent people in a highly specialized and unique development environment. Since Avalanche Studios is Sweden’s biggest independent studio you will have unique possibilities to have a big influence on today’s and tomorrow’s game development.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.