Job Location: Cambridge
This fantastic studio is looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist to join their Art Team.
In this role you will be required to work as a key member of a small motivated team of artists to construct game environments based on approved concept art.
Your portfolio should:
• Demonstrate both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
• Demonstrate PS3/PS4 quality texturing (diffuse, normal and specular maps).
• Demonstrate the ability to UV complex objects efficiently.
• Demonstrate your ability to create multiple complex environments, interior and exterior.
• Demonstrate the ability to recreate multiple architectural styles.
• Show at least one environment demonstrating strong creative vision, an eye for detail, composition and visual story telling.
• Demonstrate at least one environment created within strict performance budgets.
It would also be beneficial if your portfolio:
• Contains 2D environment concept paints or sketches.
They are interested in hearing from you if:
• You are able to work within a predefined art style as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• You are able to deliver work to a very high level of quality within fixed time constraints.
• You show enthusiasm, drive and the ability to learn new processes.
• You are able to balance technical, gameplay and artistic constraints, and are able to work collaboratively on reaching a solution between disciplines.
• You are able work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
• You can apply lateral thinking to find innovative creative solutions.
• You are able to present, discuss and critique your own work as well as that of others within the team, providing sensitive, yet effective feedback and direction.
• You can draw inspiration from a variety of sources outside of games.
• You have development experience on multiple shipped games.
• You have development experience on recent AAA console games.
• You have a thorough working knowledge of modern shader models.
• You have a broad knowledge of current and past video game environments.
• You have an interest in videogames.
• You can demonstrate high proficiency in the use of Photoshop.
It would be beneficial but not required if:
• You are an experienced Maya user.
• You show high proficiency in the use of ZBrush or Mudbox.
• You have scripting experience in Mel or Python.
A competitive benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant.
If this sounds like your next role please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.