Location – France
Job Type – Permanent
Format – Console
Salary – Great Salary and Benefits available
Senior Engine Programmer
For over a decade this French Developer has become a reliable source for fun and entertaining titles.
They are now looking for a Senior Engine Programmer who, as part of the programming team, will take part in the development and maintenance of the game engine and in particular in the following areas:
- Take in charge simultaneous versions on different platforms
- Maintenance and respect constraints of several target platforms
- Optimise the flow of real time data and edition
- Maintain and optimize part of target platforms in various fields: rendering, audio, scene management, image processing, production flow, network, etc…
- Collaborate with the Technical Director and the Lead Platform Programmer in an auditing role and technical advice to artists and designers
- Design and develop the tools required by production
- Excellent knowledge of the architecture of CPU, GPU, memory, caches, etc...
- Excellent understanding of GPUs and how they work
- Thorough understanding of DirectX SDK 11, 10 or 9.
- Mastery of versioning tools (such as Perforce)
- Having personally taken part in the implementation of optimised code for one or more platforms
- Having personally used DirectX in a professional setting.
- The mastery of the Xbox 360 and / or the PS3 is a plus.
- Strong OpenGL knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of modern rendering, audio or other areas applicable to video games.
- Knowledge of VMX instruction sets, and Altivec / SSE is a plus.
- Knowledge of modern platforms for online games is a plus (Xbox Live, PSN, SteamWork, etc.).
Brand new office, nice lunch area, South-western France ‘art de vivre’, 2014 Great place to Work Awards® participation… Lunch vouchers, public transportation subsidy, relocation services, free fruits, cakes and beverages… Free complementary health insurance, Christmas vouchers, annual bonus, profit sharing…
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420