We need someone who can slot into a talented, established team and hit the ground running. You'll be a knowledgable game designer with proven skills who can conceptualise but more importantly be hands on with the set up and balancing of game objects and structures.
We encourage everyone in our team to be active game designers regardless of their discipline so you'll tend to be a focus point for concepts and ideas. More of a co-ordinator than a dictator, you'll bring together the best of the team's intellectual power with your own to formulate designs that are practical, holistic and compelling.
This is an important role at the heart of the team. You'll feel very involved and engaged in all aspects of the games you work on.
- You'll need excellent communication skills and be able to influence people with subtlety and grace.
- This is a fairly technical role so some programming knowledge is an advantage while a good grasp of maths and a logical brain are essential.
- You'll have worked in a key design role on a number of titles. This probably equates to around five to ten years of industry experience.
- You really understand F2P design and how to integrate fun and monetization.
- You can deconstruct existing games laying bare their mechanics and structure.
- You understand learning curves, pacing, mobile UX and what motivates players.
Boss Alien is a very friendly, supportive and egalitarian place to work. We try to be as light as possible on management and therefore value people who can work independently and take responsibility for themselves - co-ordinating naturally with others. Our games reach tens of millions of players are are among the most successful in the world. It's very rewarding to work on games with such a large audience. Come, join us and see for yourself.