Job Title –Senior Data Analyst Job Location – Amsterdam, Netherlands Job Type – Permanent Job Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience OPM are pleased to be working with this company who has a proven reputation for creating original AAA titles for high profile publishers. They are currently seeking an experienced skilled, positive, and energetic Senior Data Analyst to join the team. You will have excellent SQL-writing ability, and enjoy combining analytic skills with business acumen to provide the game teams with the data and insights that will drive the studio’s continued success. You will work with key decision-makers on a daily basis as a data-driven service provider for strategic decision making. You should enjoy both working within teams and performing technical analyses. Requirements
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to game teams using data drawn from diverse sources
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation to separate genuine phenomena from spurious anomalies
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help continue to delight the people playing the studio’s games
- Conduct proactive in-depth analysis and modelling to uncover hidden opportunities; communicate insights to product, engineering, and management teams.
- Build and maintain complex statistical models that learn from and scale to millions of users.
- Collaborate with engineering on design and implementation of data infrastructure to support analytics needs.
- Work with business teams on requirements and goals for ad-hoc analysis.
- Several years’ experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Desired: proficiency with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules – VBA macros and ODBC sourcing
- Working knowledge of basic statistics, expert knowledge in one or more of the following languages/tools: Python, SQL, Hive, R, Matlab, Spotfire, Tableau, Pentaho.
- Experience in one or more of the following techniques: regression, SVM, boosting/ensemble methods, HMM, graph theories, clustering techniques, etc.
- Proven ability to deal and thrive with multiple data sources
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Good client management skills with a strong grasp of both technical and business perspectives
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- B.S. or B.A. in math, economics, engineering or other technical field required; advanced degrees a plus
In return for the right skills, this studio will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which is negotiable dependent on experience. The company offers a state-of-the-art working environment, where effort, passion and drive are not only welcomed but rewarded on a regular basis. They pride themselves in their team-spirit and work / life balance, they offer highly competitive salaries alongside benefits like pension and healthcare, as well as a bonus structure. In addition, they offer relocation assistance as well as free accommodation for the first 2 months, Dutch language classes and above all, the chance to work on some truly high-quality / high-profile titles. To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Catherine Cope on the details below: Catherine Cope| Design and Analytics Consultant
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm