Job Title: Senior 3D Modeler
Salary: Attractive Salary, Benefits incl. Relocation
Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
Platforms: Console & PC
My client is looking to add a strong industry experienced 3d Artist to strengthen its team in their Newcastle Studio. The Studio is currently working on a fast paced space dogfighting shooter game using Virtual Reality hardware. For this exciting and ground-breaking project we require a confident and talented individual to take on responsibility for a wide range of 3d assets that are to be experienced through the extra dimension of VR, creating a world around a user rather than a flat screen.
You will need good communication skills to work efficiently within a small team following Technical and Artistic guidelines. You will have good time-management and organization skills to keep all areas of the game moving forward supplying assets through from placeholder to final standard, and the flexibility to adapt priorities to changing requirements within the team. You will be working within a talented group of seasoned professionals and you will require the ability to work closely with Engineers, Artists and Designers alike to produce a variety of game assets to the highest visual standards
• 3d asset creation
• Hi-Res hero objects
• Hi-Res model to normal map generation
• Texture creation
• Model optimisations
• Vehicle creation
• Character creation
• Collision creation and set-up
• Importing and maintaining assets in the game editor
• Level placement
• General lighting
• History of prolific High standard model creation along with supporting texturing/mapping techniques
• High quality texture map creation skills
• Software experience on Photoshop, Max/Maya and Mudbox/Zbrush
• Knowledge and experience of material creation/set-up
• Ability to create AAA standard quality Game assets working within visual guidelines defined by art direction and within performance guidelines
• Experience of working on AAA console and/or PC titles in a game art role
• Two or more shipped titles for console and/or PC
• Experience of working with art outsourcing
• In-Game lighting experience
• Animation/rigging experience
• Familiar with agile scrum methodologies
You will need to show a broad range of skills in your portfolio with examples of high quality modelling and texturing as well as final in-game examples.
A competitive benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant as well as help relocating. All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU as sponsorship cannot be offered by this studio.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity!
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425 |
Email: Jon@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.