Job Title – Russian Localisation Tester
Job Location – Midlands
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – £14,500 per annum + benefits
My hugely successful client and one of the largest developer/publishers in the world is currently looking for a Russian Localisation Tester
The ideal games tester will be someone who is familiar with all types of games across all platforms and will be happy tasked with the responsibility to analyse game text and report or fix errors.
You should possess the ability to write up reports that show good spelling, grammar, and communicate to the developers of the software, any problems that may arise during testing.
Key Task Responsibilities
- Proofreading and looking for inconsistencies in context and style throughout large text files. Accurately analysing the text once it is in the game to spot problems – including grammar, style, spelling and positioning.
- To provide feedback and written reports to translators and developers in a clear, explanatory and concise way.
- Making suggested re-translations for any problems that have been found.
- Working closely with the localisation team to share ideas and suggestions. Showing respect for others opinions.
- Learning about and adhering to the internal localisation systems and processes, as well as detailed publisher guidelines and standards.
- Able to play through various genres of games across all the different gaming platforms, quickly learning and mastering different styles of game.
- Fitting within a close-knit & friendly atmosphere.
- Excellent native language ability in Russian (written/spoken).
- Excellent level of English (written/spoken).
- Knowledge of all the current generation of games consoles and PCs.
- Excellent games playing skills in all genres and difficulties.
- Willing to be flexible regarding unsociable and extended working hours to meet the demands of the role.
- Able to work productively and collaboratively within a team environment.
Candidates must have the right to live & work in the UK
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01206 214417
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
Paige Hornabrook | QA, Localisation & Community Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214417 | Email: email@example.com | Skype: Paige.Hornabrook.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | QA & Localisation LinkedIn Group Click Here
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429