Roll7 is looking for a Gameplay Designer to join our team working on a Sony backed PS4/PSVita cross-play title due for release late 2014.
Roll7’s first console title OlliOlli is due for release later this year as a PSVita exclusive. Our ethos is to create addictive, hard as nails games that have players reaching for the restart button over and over. We’re a small team based in South East London and are looking for someone with a creative spark, experienced in Game Design and a willingness to get hands on.
The successful candidate will work with our Creative Director, Senior Coder and Producer, to develop our vision and IP whilst bringing their own creative flair to the project.
- Game design – building on the existing mechanics and systems as well as developing new content and features, including :
- Gameplay modes
- Level Generation
- Player avatar/interaction
- Working closely with Graphic Designers and Animators
- Working closely with Interface Designer
- Experience of Gameplay Design
- At least 1 published title (self or otherwise), in a design role.
- Deep understanding of the patterns and conventions of game design.
- Basic Photoshop Skills (Or comparable programme)
- Experience creating infinite/randomly generated games
- Experience in social/online/sport games.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Experience with Photoshop/Adobe suite.
- Experience in C++
- Previous experience with Sony Platforms SDK / Devnet
- Interest in extreme sports.
If you are interested please submit your CV and covering letter/email to Tom Hegarty firstname.lastname@example.org (no telephone calls please)
- Interviews to be held end of November/early December
- Salary £30,000 to £35,000 DoE
- Start Date January 2014
- 10 Month initial contract with opportunities to extend