Ukie's Research analyst main duties are:
- To analyse and communicate insight and stories from data that will inform Ukie strategy and that will give insights for members into the market trends affecting the video games and interactive entertainment industry
- To regularly gather data from different available sources and turn them into easy to communicate and compelling reports, charts and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- To identify and manage research projects that support Ukie's overall strategic goals
- Monitor available research, data sources and media reporting of research that impacts the interactive entertainment sector and provide summaries and insight to Ukie team and members
- Source data from members and produce research reports on trends, emerging trends, and the IP landscape to support Ukie's Intellectual Property services
- To manage Ukie's relationship with current data suppliers such as GFK Chart – Track – ensuring delivery of agreed reports and ensuring that Ukie gets the best possible value from the data it receives
- To support Ukie's Commercial Manager in the delivery of its Digital Charts and help build a roadmap with fresh ideas about other chart data and data sets which would support our member needs
- To sit on the industry Steering Group overseeing the delivery of European consumer research project being run by European trade body ISFE
- To undertake Ukie Member Surveys and turn the data into easy to understand charts and reports, identifying trends and communicating insight,ensuring that Ukie is fully informed on the issues facing its membership
- To produce an annual 'adding up the games industry' report
- To partner with Ukie's academic members to source, communicate and deliver new research
- Monitor Ukie's research budget to ensure that services provided are within agreed financial limits and that value for money is delivered.
- Develop and maintain contacts with a wide range of external bodies; including partner organisations, government officials and other trade bodies
- Develop and maintain relationships with members and businesses from whom Ukie can source data
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
This position is mainly quantitative in focus and spans both consumer and business to business research, so offers the successful analyst a good range of projects to work on.
- At least 3 years' experience in a research role, carrying out quantitative and qualitative market based research
- Have practical knowledge of the debates surrounding the interactive entertainment industry
- Have a positive "can-do attitude"
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, fresh thinking with a passion for the industry
- Educated to degree level
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
Closing Date for Applications: 14th February