As a Quality Assurance Technician on our award winning Total War team, you will responsible for critically assessing all areas of our games to ensure they reach the exceptional AAA standard we are known for.
We are looking for someone who has an excellent attention to detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to find and accurately log defects.
As a QA Technician, you will be responsible for finding and entering issues into the project database as well as communicating these with developers on the team on a daily basis. You will be expected to accurately reproduce issues as requested, provide technical information to developers to aid in the fixing of defects and actively communicate key issues and bugs with QA Leads and the wider development team.
You will also be expected to provide clear, concise information whether verbally or via reports to all stakeholders on the project. You will be confident with communicating important information to key members of the team and the wider project. You will achieve this by primarily by logging and communicating clear and concise defects with the correct classification. You will take a proactive, methodical approach to your tasks and maintain a high level of accuracy in your bug reporting.
Working with the rest of QA and the development team, you will be tasked with ensuring the game released is of the highest overall quality by the given deadlines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Have a wide range of experience playing a variety of PC games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games
- Familiarity of Microsoft Office suite of software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills; can handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Ability to follow set process and a methodical approach when investigating issues
- Take initiative and ownership of the process and testing of an area of the game
- A passion for games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing them
- Previous QA Experience working in games or other related fields is highly desirable
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio
- Experience playing the latest titles in the Total War franchise
- Knowledge of game development process and the various disciplines involved
- A university degree or equivalent in a technical field that can be applied to Games Testing
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software on multiple platforms including PC, MAC and Linux
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Basic scripting skills and familiarity of LUA
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.