With numerous hit titles and established brands as well as new IPs to their portfolio, this company can offer you the chance to get involved in the production of a highly anticipated predicted chart-topper, as well as an excellent working environment.
The over-all job purpose is to ensure successful delivery of your assigned project to the agreed time-scales, quality and budget, as well as managing the publisher / developer relationship in terms of the individual project.
This international publisher is seeking a Project Manager / Producer for their core production group, this position is specifically to support one of their projects currently in development, working with a UK developer. You will be expected to be living in the UK until the conclusion of the project, this position is offered on a 2 year fixed contract until Q4 2015.
The company is looking for a proven and seasoned Development Manager with strong project management experience to harness the goals and tasks of their talented development partners in the UK’s South East. You will work in unison with the in-house production staff to turn said goals and tasks into a workable, attainable, trackable and reliable development plan. A successful result will be a true and detailed plan that all parties can believe will deliver the project at AAA quality, on time and on budget.
You will be expected to fully integrate yourself into the day-to-day operations of the development team, you will likewise serve as the Publisher's local representative on the ground at the developer. As well as liasing closely with US production staff with regards to developer-side status, progress and issues. The role will also be that of the primary messenger between the US staff and the dev team, as appropriate.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for overseeing multiple internal and externally developed projects simultaneously and serves as the primary point of contact in support of the US based VP/Executive Producer and Producer. Position is to be primarily based at development partner’s studio. Responsibilities include forging strong, successful partnerships with development teams, including day-to-day communication and management as necessary. It may also include managing localisation efforts, handling licensor requests and feedback, supplying materials and assets for marketing/sales as well as management greenlight meetings, helping to manage QA efforts internally, and closely tracking submission and approval process with the Developer, Publisher, and other external stakeholders…communicating updates to all necessary parties. You will ensure that milestones are delivered on-time, on-budget and complete as per the Development Agreement, and that the approved submissions maintain a high standard of qualitative integrity.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the development cycle including: External contractors, help coordinate voice sessions and work with Licensor Talent Relations group, Work with Manager, Rights & Clearances, support Marketing and PR as needed, Work with developers to create schedules, as well as reviewing and managing budgets.
You may work closely with licensing partners to secure approvals from an art, animation and design standpoint. Meticulous attention to detail required to ensure files delivered to and from licensor are tracked properly and feedback is logged.
Additional job responsibilities may include:
• Work within the publisher’s centralised online portal to create, document, and communicate project status as well as to maintain best practices and processes.
• Building visually compelling PowerPoint presentations for internal and external consumption. Work within JIRA bug tracking tool, querying bugs, entering bug cases and reviewing, triaging bugs through the system. Previous experience with this tool a plus.
• Burning builds for internal as well as external use. Tracking all builds that leave the company through internal tracking system.
Working directly onsite with development team on the day to day development and production of the project. This will incorporate all three phases of project development.
• Oversee, evaluate, and track the project’s Development plan in full partnership with the external development team. This includes:
o Generation and maintenance of Development Schedule
o Planning and execution of milestone deliverables
o Evaluation of project metrics and capacity planning
o Interpreting and tracking project backlogs
• Develop strong relationships with development partners to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information, assets and materials to all parties.
• Identify Legal and editorial clearances with Legal and Rights/Clearances.
• Coordinate Talent and voice sessions with Licensor Talent Relations group
• Provide risk management assessment and mitigation plans to senior management.
• Manage budget against project P/L to avoid budget overruns.
50% of the time
• Review all development materials/milestones for assessing overall project health and quality, and routing to third parties as necessary.
• Track every deliverable per Milestone and make sure that all expected deliverables are completed by the end of a Milestone or major project phase. Any deviations and exceptions from the list of expected deliverables should be elevated to the US Production Team.
• Insure relevant feedback is communicated to Developer and implemented in subsequent deliverables.
30% of the time
QA and Localisation
Overseeing the QA and localisation process with internal and external vendors.
5% of the time
• Manages daily communication with development studio partners to ensure relationships stays healthy, open and productive.
• Communicate updates to all necessary team members. This includes but is not limited to weekly production updates, demos, visual presentations, PowerPoint presentations, meeting/conference calls, and site visits to the Developer.
• Communicates schedule to various parties’ and assures coordination of all schedules related to project.
• Provide early and timely communication to US-based Production Management of any potential “fires” brewing.
10% of the time
Support the Executive Producer/VP production in other videogame projects as assigned.
5% of the time
Types of Decisions made by this position:
• Reviews and approves Developer submissions with the US based VP/EP.
• Approves Developer objectives and deliverables. Communicates Developer schedule to various parties.
• Obtains management or external stakeholder/licensor approvals when necessary.
Types of decisions that must be approved by managers:
• Rejection of Developer Milestones, i.e. art, brand items, documentation, builds, etc.
• Approval of Contractual Milestones and Payments
• Key legal and marketing dates or deliverables (e.g. ship dates, legal or trademark issues, etc.)
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Previous Producer experience or equivalent with game developer or publisher. Must have shipped a minimum of two (2) AAA console games on current generation platforms in a producer level capacity or higher
• 6+ years experience in console / handheld / Digital / Social & Mobile game production; experience shipping console / handheld games necessary.
• Previous experience with console and mobile games is highly preferred. A strong background and understanding of multi-platform video game production preferred.
• Practical experience in setting, guiding and evaluating multiple styles of production processes.
• Multi-language localisation experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• College degree or equivalent preferred.
• Game design/production training a plus.
• Strong and effective communication with multiple teams is required, including: developers, business development, marketing, PR, Creative, QA, Exec and more
• Strong project and time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve complex problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Deadline driven and detail-oriented – a strategic thinker with a high attention to detail
• Must excel at following up on task completion, identifying dependencies and disseminating information to staff and management
• Excellent leadership interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to create, maintain, and track comprehensive project schedules
• Ability to identify and resolve conflicts between budget, schedule and design goals
• Ability to identify and mitigate risks
• Ability to work under tight schedules and high-stress environment
• Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, and organized
• Art background and/or extensive experience with Illustrator and/or Photoshop a plus.
Must be able to travel to the US once per quarter.
In return the company will offer you a competitive salary, an annual bonus structure, as well as
Private Medical Insurance (family cover), Employer Pension Contribution, Life Assurance and Income Protection.
To apply for this position, please send your Word CV for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me via the details below:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |