To support our growing team, this is an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Assistant to join our games development studio in Horsham.
In this role, the Procurement Assistant will provide support to both the Procurement Coordinator and wider Operations team to enable a smooth running of the studio. You will be reporting to the Procurement Coordinator who will oversee the legal and procurement process, with your focus primarily on the latter side of the role.
As the Procurement Assistant on the team, your day to day duties will include the raising of all non-CAPEX purchase orders for goods and services and make credit card payments up to the relevant authorised limits. You will also ensure orders meet company policy and procedure and log and monitor purchase requirements along with associated spend.
You will be an effective communicator and highlight any procurement related issues to the relevant stakeholders. You will also be comfortable dealing with queries from staff and contractors, raising any outstanding issues to more senior members of the team to be resolved. You will be responsible for adding any new vendors onto the set-up process using the company’s electronic online database. This will include obtaining vendor details for set-up and dealing with any relevant communications.
You will be assisting with admin duties required by the Procurement Coordinator, which include the maintenance and supervision of hard copy files and database entries for all master service agreements, subscriptions, confidentiality agreements, consulting service agreements, work schedules, and any associated expiry dates. You will be responsible for letting the relevant persons in the studio know that the above process is in place. You will be responsible for obtaining competitive quotes from suppliers to pass on to Procurement Coordinator for negotiation. You will also assist the wider Operations team with studio support as well as ad hoc tasks which may fall outside of the usual remit.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent awareness of procurement processes and systems with experience within a procurement position
- Extensive experience within a support role with willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- Good sense of proactivity, responsibility, ownership
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident and efficient working methods within a large-sized company, being hands-on and proactive in your approach
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel and Word business software are essential
- Excellent administrative skills
- Outstanding organisation, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player with enthusiasm to assist the wider Operations team in ad-hoc tasks
- Knowledge of Oracle’s financial management systems
- An understanding of legal terminology or some experience within a legal setting
- Experience in dealing with contracts
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.