Job Title –Principal Artist - Environments
Job Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – negotiable dependent on experience
Excellent opportunity to join this global developer / publisher in creative lynch-pin position.
This London Studio is a member of a group of worldwide development studios. It has the mission to create innovative and market leading games with broad market appeal in terms of play and entertainment.
They are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated Principal Environment Artist to join their world-class development team working on their next generation of PS4 titles.
You’ll be joining an experienced team of artists responsible for delivering our next-generation environment assets. Working as a ‘go to’ artist in the art department, you will help to solve the exciting challenges facing the studio development teams.
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced environment artist to join this art team, who through supporting the Environment Supervisor and working together with the rest of the art team, will have a critical role to play in shaping the future asset creation and the working practices of the studio.
The Principal Environment Artist role involves:
• Creating environments and prop assets to a ‘superb’ level of skill and ability
• Lead through example delivering flagship work in terms of technical and quality benchmarks with artwork that inspires others and sets the bar for the rest of the department (internal and external outsource partners)
• Extremely high level of industry knowledge with the role of being the expert and ‘go to’ person for knowledge of environment art techniques in the industry and how to improve the current quality bar.
• Able to define and problem solve unknown and complex areas of environment work
• Ability to independently plan, brief, review, integrate & guide strategy of environment outsource work
• Supports the Environment Supervisor as a sounding board, contributing to ideas and direction of the environment and lighting team, art department, and studio
• Work with the Environment Supervisor and other project leads to interpret creative and technical briefs that help to create or inform the art style, technical scope, standards, and quality of the project.
• Help define, and follow best-practices laid down for the art team.
• In collaboration with the Environment Supervisor, tools and technical teams, define and direct the continuing maintenance and streamlining of the Environment and Lighting tools and pipeline
• Assists the Environment Supervisor in the selection and recruitment on new team members into the art team
• Proactive in self-development and the development of others
• Actively train and mentor the Environment team and more junior members of the surrounding art team
• Assist the Environment supervisor in the development of realistic and efficient schedules, proactively provide regular updates and reports to the team on progress.
• Proactive in communicating with peers across teams, other internal development studios, and the wider industry
Photoshop (or equivalent)
Salary commensurate with experience, to be discussed at interview.
Does this sound like your next move? Then please send your CV to email@example.com or contact me on the details below:
Claire Ramshaw - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Art Consultant
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413
Linked in: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/claireramshawopm