Remote Working Network Programmer
This development heavyweight based in London is responsible for some of the best selling and most loved titles around at the moment. They have a fantastic atmosphere and a really good working environment. This is a chance to work on genuine AAA titles and provide a valuable contribution to them.
The Network Programmer will report straight to the Technical Director, Department Leads and Programmers to design the game code and maintain existing game code.
The Network Programmer will have the following specific skills.
· Excellent C++ skills with commercial games industry experience
· A thorough understanding of computer networking systems and architectures
· Network sockets and TCP / UDP protocols.
· Reliable packet handling over UDP.
· Network security
· Xbox Live
· PlayStation Network (PSN)
· SQL / ADO database programming
· An understanding of the cause of network lag / latency / bandwidth issues and possible ways to minimise their effects in a multiplayer game.
In return they offer an excellent salary and flexible working conditions.
More details are available by contacting Ben Shatford at Aardvark Swift via email: email@example.com or call 01709834777