Location - South UK
Job Type - Permanent
Format - PC & Console
Salary - Excellent salary and benefits available DOE
My client is a long standing UK games developer with a history of success and consistent product quality. The core technology teams are looking for skilled network engineers to become a key member of their group, working on brand new and exciting titles across PC & console platforms.
The 'multiplayer' and 'online' aspects of games titles are increasing in importance, especially as their products are expanding to new platforms and types of gameplay.
To achieve this, this studios programming teams are looking for experienced C++ game programmers to join them and take up this challenge.
The successful candidate will be able to work with the team to spec, write and maintain the code for game features, as well as plan for its testing. The features worked on will be core to the game and fundamental to their success.
• Write and document game code to a high standard (both performant and readable).
• Break down tasks and responsibilities into manageable and realistic timetables.
• Participate in the future direction of game features and technologies, in conjunction with engineering and design teams.
• Identify code and data inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
• Drive test plan for areas of responsibility.
Skills and Experience required:
• Shipped a PC or console game where the candidate was instrumental in delivering the 'multiplayer' experience.
• Strong knowledge of C++ (this will be tested).
• Strong understanding of the Internet Protocol and network sockets.
• Game integration knowledge of a matchmaking/friends solution such as Steamworks or Xbox Live.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Good communication with peers and managers.
• Demonstrably able to work in a team.
• Experience with a prominent functional programming language a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux development a plus.
They would like to meet people who possess the following qualities:
• Self-motivated individual.
• Eager to learn new technologies.
• Interest in video games and their inner workings.
• Methodical approach and good communication skills.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420