This is a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to assist in the management of our project reporting process, and to develop the position as the “go to” person for our new SAP BPC system which is currently being implemented.
A large part of this role will be supporting and partnering with senior studio staff and management. So must have the necessary technical skills and experience expected of a management accountant. With exceptional attention to detail, the successful candidate will be comfortable with being proactive approach in communicating across the studio, as liaising with game developers and other areas of the studio as daily part of this role. An appreciation of the game industry and experience a creative work environment would be advantageous.
As the Management Accountant at the studio, you will take responsibility for the project forecast process, ensuring that cost and volumes are correctly reflected and updated. This will be via regular communication with key members of the studio. You will work closely with the Financial controller in ensuring that project performance is reported accurately, and assist in the month end reporting process and preparation of the annual business plan
As the main point of contact for our new SAP BPC system, you will maintain and update the system, developing required MI and reporting schedules on a regular or on an ad hoc basis, as required. To ensure accuracy in BPC, you will work with the studio HR team to maintain the Studio headcount according to the business plan, and keep up to date with project changes.
One of the Finance team’s main responsibilities is managing the cost of our game development projects. You will work alongside the Financial controller in the preparation and review of project development budgets, particularly with regards to actual performance to date versus expectation, highlighting any financial risks as they occur.
As the Management accountant for the studio, you will be a partner to the development teams to ensure that current forecasts are up to date and reflect the true delivery cost. Success will mean attending and conducting regular reviews with project leads to ensure accuracy of reporting, a pro-active approach to achieving your goals will be essential.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Part qualified CIMA studier or above with recent experience working in a similar role
- Good appreciation of Management accounting, especially with regards to capital projects
- Ability to build good relationships with managers, leads and other departments
- Excellent communicator in all methods; clear, confident and succinct
- Be pro-active approach to engaging with the Studio at a personal level on a regular basis
- Confident and comfortable to query and challenge discrepancies in data or decisions
- Experience in using Oracle, SAP BPC and highly developed excel skills
- Appreciation of financial accounting would be beneficial
- Experience of the Computer games industry, especially in a finance role
- Previous experience of using SAP BPC and Oracle
- Ability to speak, or understand Japanese language would be a beneficial
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.