Job Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – £D.O.E.
This international games organisation is currently looking for a Localisation Project Manager to join their London office. This is an opportunity to work with one of the biggest companies in the games space, and is not to be missed!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for every aspect of the localisation of games. Liaising with producers, development teams, QA and vendors to ensure a smooth localisation process for projects.
- Management of all localised content of the game, both audio and text in up to 23 languages
- Accurately schedule and track the localisation, identifying any challenges and resolving before they happen
- Requesting quotations from suppliers and negotiate rates for production.
- Organising translation schedules and deliveries – advising the producer/development team on standards and alternatives.
- Organising kick-off meetings with Producers and regular visits to development teams.
- Collaborating with the QA team along the localisation pipeline.
- Assisting and supporting the internal parties/suppliers through the projects – ensuring reference materials are requested and distributed, Q&A’s are answered.
- Pre and post-checks on localised assets to ensure high quality is delivered using internal tools (LAMS, Dicto …)
- Providing efficient solutions to difficulties encountered.
- Liaising with agencies, producers, central & territory product managers, developers, QA and other internal teams.
- Organising castings, voice-over (VO) sessions and VO pick-up sessions.
- Liaise with territories for casting feedback.
- Liaise with QA for checks on scripts and OST (LAMS or text files).
- Perform basic audio checks on received audio files and report issues (if any) before implementation.
- Organising contracts for famous talents/voice-over with the Legal Department.
- Contacting talents/voice-over direct or through agents to discuss fees.
- Organising translation reviews through offices abroad/territories and/or Localisation QA.
- Ensuring latest naming conventions are respected in localised assets.
- Maintain spreadsheets (project schedules, contact lists, etc…) update on the shared drive.
- Crosschecking and approving costs, providing information to the production teams on spend.
- Keeping daily record of actions taken.
- Perform detailed post mortems on large audio titles and snap-shot post mortems on smaller titles.
- Monitor comments from QA, territories, reviews to maintain quality of translations.
- Keeping up-to-date with the available localisation tools and processes in the market.
- Occasional travel to meet with vendors to discuss localisation issues.
Key skills/knowledge and experience:
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes.
- Interest in, and knowledge of the games industry, and video gaming in general
- Multi-lingual ability an advantage
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written.
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Assertive, Diplomatic, Organised, Detail conscious, Fast Learner.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of devtrack preferred, but not essential
- Presentation experience preferred, but not essential
To apply please send a copy of your CV in Word format to email@example.com
Paige Hornabrook | QA, Localisation & Community Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214417 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: Paige.Hornabrook.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | QA & Localisation LinkedIn Group Click Here
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429