Gobo was founded as a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We've been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners - we're proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence.
Recently Gobo has supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity - a major new toy-and-video-game hybrid platform from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform - a major, headline, front-of-box feature.
We’re now looking for an experienced level designer, ideally who has lots of experience working on commercially successful character action games.
- You will be responsible for finding the fun while injecting personality and character into our games
- Prototype game play concepts via scripting, modeling, among other tricks of the trade
- Employ modeling techniques in blocking out environments with level progression and the overall game experience in mind
- Inject creativity into base game play ideas through inspired presentation and delivery of objectives
- Work in close collaboration with Environmental Artists and Game Designers to secure the best possible experience in play
- Extend collaboration to all facets of game development including but not limited to FX, Audio and Animation teams
- Assist in the continued improvement of production pipeline and workflows within the department
- Iterate on the game play experience to fine-tune the experience for maximum effect in quality and optimum performance and ultimately ship an incredible product
- As a game-maker, be a problem solver and bring solutions to the team
- Maintain a strong knowledge of trending production techniques and the capabilities/limitations of these techniques as they relate to project objectives
- Willingly share your expertise with peers and expect the same in return
- 3+ years of experience on previous video game development teams
- Experience with scripting tools akin to Kismet, Unreal Editor, Lua
- Effective aptitude in basic, programming principles
- Firm technical aptitude relative to game engine technologies
- Expertise in design concepts
- Receptive to direction and ability to perform well within a collaborative team environment
- Enthusiastic gamer with an understanding of effective game design principles
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com