Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Create and implement design elements into the game while working in a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
- Design and implement game levels that meet the style, quality standards and timelines of the project;
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements according to the design and creative visions;
- Apply a notion of appropriate difficulty, pacing and flow within game levels, and how to leverage emotional reactions from players through the designs;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Level Design team and provides them with relevant critical feedback;
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating original level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles;
- Contribute to the creation of planning schedules to prioritise and estimate time and responsibilities;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Adhere to quality benchmarks and best practices in level design content in accordance with the project's creative vision; Create and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
- Work with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by communicating relevant information to work towards resolving reported issues in level designs;
- Understand Rational Level Design theory, contribute to the creation of RLD guidelines and
implement content accordingly;
- Participate in regular reviews of Level Design content with the level design team to generate feedback in line with the creative vision of the project;
- Understand the playtest process, observe and analyse player actions in the game to generate critical feedback;
- Makes informed decisions with support from senior team members in their day-to-day work;
- Communicate vertically and horizontally within the team in a clear and professional manner;
- Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.);
- Understand how to use the Level Design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio etc.);
- Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
- Good knowledge of an editor (such as Unreal etc.);
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Solid organisation skills with attention to detail;
- Solid understanding of the consumer needs and market trends.
- Significant working experience in Level Design or other relevant experience;
- Has shipped at least 1 game within Level Design, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 31st March 2017
Closing date for applications: 1st May 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.