It is the Level Designer’s job to leverage the extensive range of game features to find new ways to create interesting, challenging, and memorable level layouts to support single player, co-op, and multiplayer missions. An aptitude for logic, visual scripting, and problem-solving are prerequisites for this role, but an eye for entertaining gameplay is key.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in level or game design
• Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities
• Has expert knowledge of a wide range of multiplayer games on multiple platforms and understands the core level design concepts that underpin them
• High level of attention to detail.
• A passion for games and a keen interest in gameplay creation.
• An aptitude for logical problem solving
• Experience using level editing and scripting tools (Unreal, CryEngine preferred)
• A passion for computer games and an interest in the structure and design of individual missions
• Effectively communicate design intent with the internal and co-development design teams
• Work closely with other disciplines to create game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player.
• Implement pre-existing designs with in-house visual scripting tools and level editing software
• Build out combat spaces that can support single player, co-op, and pvp
• Create original and fun ideas and effectively implement them
• Identify cross-disciplinary requirements of designs and communicate these needs to appropriate teams
• As the project progresses, integrate the supporting features produced by other disciplines into your level designs/missions
• Implement lead and peer feedback to ensure accessibility and appropriate level of difficulty
• Implement player feedback to ensure accessibility and appropriate level of difficulty
• You will also be expected to:
• Locate and fix bugs in both your own and in your colleagues’ work
• Conduct gameplay evaluations for both your own work and for your colleagues work to improve the quality of our game
• Good presentation skills
• Co-Development Experience
• Familiarity with modern shooters
• Familiarity with the Tom Clancy Franchise
• Willingness to embrace unconventional solutions to solve common design problems
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development