Lead VFX Artist
Rockstar Games is looking for a Lead VFX Artist who possesses the ability to create high quality real time visual effects for AAA video game titles.
- Experienced at creating a wide range of high quality particle effects using proprietary particle tools and various 3rd party software.
- Interacting closely with rendering programmers and technical art to maintain and improve our proprietary effect system and tools.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, animation).
- Can demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time and team management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Drive our particle rendering and authoring technology forward to meet the requirements of next-gen hardware.
- Mentoring our team of VFX artists for their continual improvement.
- Industry experience, having shipped title/s demonstrating VFX quality (PS3, 360, PC).
- Experience with next-gen consoles (PS4, Xbox One) is a strong plus.
- Experience in the game industry on a AAA game.
- The ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it and subsequently re-create it in a real-time game engine is essential.
- Strong knowledge of environmental effects, lighting, and dynamics.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an effect artist.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior or lead role.
- Experience using real-time particle tools.
- Experience with Houdini (or similar).
- Experience with 3D studio Max and Photoshop.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered
To find out more, apply through http://jobvite.com/m?3DGdfgww