Creative Assembly is looking for an exceptional UI/UX artist who will be working on the free to play title Total War: ARENA.
We are looking for a creative and passionate individual who enjoys leading and working alongside designers and programmers to create a great user experience and a wide range of polished UI elements for a live game. This is an ideal opportunity for an accomplished Senior UI/UX artist or current Lead Artist who is looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for an enthusiastic UI/UX developer who has a full appreciation and understanding how excellent UI can positively impact on the player experience. The right candidate will be forward thinking and produce flexible designs that enables further development opportunities and bring the team along with them.
The right artist for this role will have experience of leading, mentoring and developing other artists. We also expect the right candidate to have an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates artistic flair with a solid understanding of information hierarchy, composition and UX design. As the Lead UI/UX Artist on the project, you will be responsible for developing a highly useable game experience and information design. Developing and implementing layouts and front-end flow systems will also be key to this role.
Communication is absolutely key to this role. As a Lead UI/UX artist, you will be creating and communicating ideas and concepts to relevant developers on the project, our 3rd parties and stakeholders. Also, as a part of this role, there will be opportunity to mentor more junior members of the team and provide feedback on UI functionality across the project.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Proven UI/UX experience on at least one shipped title, or a very strong UI portfolio
- Ability to produce both wireframes and highly detailed final designs
- Demonstrate good use of typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of After Effects or another industry standard animation package
- An eye for quality UI/UX and succinctly communicate this
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
- Excellent communication skills to work with an international team
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of the project
- Must be a creative and practical problem solver
- Gamer who plays a variety of genres
- Knowledge of either 3DS Max or Maya
- Knowledge of perforce, Jira and confluence
- Understanding of agile development methodology
And we are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.