Job Type: Permanent
Opm’s client is the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for an exceptional individual to play a major role in shaping its world renowned MMO.
As the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a highly skilled UI team and will be required to lead by example. Through informal and formal channels you will be approachable and adept at mentoring, training and assisting other developers.
This amazing opportunity to be a key contributor on a world class, iconic and record breaking MMO from a successful and stable developer/publisher demands the highest levels of expertise, experience, passion and commitment.
Key Duties Include:
- Upholding the team’s UI Design/UI Art standards and upholding best practices whilst maintaining the overall quality of the game.
- Suggests areas for improvement to the internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Keep a clear head when faced with problems, and present issues and solutions in a structured manner.
- Project Management – Time costing, managing high profile projects, being a project leader
- Pushing boundaries and improving quality
- Takes control of project management to a high standard, managing resources, consulting involved teams and evaluating progress in line with the project’s schedule.
- Review other’s work and be suitable for consultation by other UI Artists on UI Art/Design and all creative elements of the UI in game.
- A strong portfolio of game specific UI work covering a range of styles
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of UI development tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and in house development tools
- Experience within a senior UI position with mentoring responsibilities
- Effective technical competency with perforce solutions.
- Thorough understanding of UI/UX flow and function design.
- Excellent communication (verbal, email, critiquing, Show and tell, project progression)
- Ability to create 3d assets in Maya or 3DSMAX to help facilitate UI design.
- Experience creating UI for RPG titles
- Experience working on tablet or mobile devices
Is this you? Are you interested in this fantastic opportunity? The studio will reward the successful candidate with an excellent salary package.
Send your CV in Word Document format and demo work in jpeg or zipped format (no larger than 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Claire Ramshaw on 01206 214413
Disclaimer: The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.